13 Mar 2017

Goodreads Monday #1

Goodreads Monday is a weekly meme hosted by Lauren @ Lauren’s Page Turners. To participate, choose a random book from your TBR and show it off! Don’t forget to link back to Lauren’s Page Turners and link up to the inlinkz so others can see what you picked!

There are 309 books on my Goodreads TBR. Oops. The thing is, I can't stop adding new titles, I think you fellow bookworms understand this urge...

Anyway, I have a wide range of books to choose from, but today this post will feature a retelling, because I was reading a fairy tale retelling in the second half of last week (The Lady and the Highlander by Lecia Cornwall) and I think it's a good idea to keep this theme going today.

I picked the following book because I'm extremely fond of Shakespeare and I have already read one Shakespeare retelling from this author that I loved dearly (read my review of Ophelia by Lisa Klein here).

So on to the book:

Lisa M. Klein


Synopsis:

Albia has grown up with no knowledge of her mother of her father, the powerful Macbeth. Instead she knows the dark lure of the Wychelm Wood and the moors, where she's been raised by three strange sisters. It's only when the ambitious Macbeth seeks out the sisters to foretell his fate that Albia's life becomes tangled with the man who leaves nothing but bloodshed in his wake. She even falls in love with Fleance, Macbeth's rival for the throne. Yet when Albia learns that she has the second sight, she must decide whether to ignore the terrible future she foresees—or to change it. Will she be able to save the man she loves from her murderous father? And can she forgive her parents their wrongs, or must she destroy them to save Scotland from tyranny?

Recently I had a few 'encounters' with Macbeth the play and the story; I was lucky enough to see a midnight performance of it in Shakespeare's Globe and I also saw the movie with Michael Fassbender and Marion Cotillard, which I enjoyed a lot too. I can't wait to put my hands on this book!

Do you like retellings? Which one is your favourite?

No comments:

Post a Comment